Off Highway Motorcycle Safety
Dirt bike RIDING TIPS
- Always wear a DOT-compliant helmet, goggles, long sleeves, long pants, over-the-ankle boots, and gloves.
- Except for dual-purpose models, never ride on paved surfaces except to cross when done safely and permitted by law – another vehicle could hit you. Dirt bikes are designed to be operated off-highway.
- Never ride under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Supervise riders younger than 16; dirt bikes are not toys.
- Never permit youngsters to ride dirt bikes that are too tall or too powerful for their capabilities.
- Don’t ride alone on remote trails. Use the buddy system.
- Ride only on designated trails and at a safe speed.
- Take a hands-on riding course. Visit DirtBikeSchool.org.